Gartner Research Report:
Gartner Inc's Cool Vendors in DCIM and Related Tools, 2012
This research examines five vendors with attractive data center infrastructure management tools to manage and control energy and critical data center resources. These tools integrate facets of IT systems, building systems and energy management with a focus on IT assets and the infrastructure to support them.
Read the full report "Cool Vendors in DCIM and Related Tools, April 2012.
Analyst(s): Henrique Cecci, Jeffrey Hewitt, Steve Ohr, Jay E. Pultz, April Adams, Rakesh Kumar
- Data center managers recognize that power and cooling represent major challenges, and that data center infrastructure management (DCIM) and related tools can effectively help minimize these challenges.
- More than 60% of the data center managers Gartner recently polled will have implemented DCIM and related tools at some point by 2013, with penetration climbing to 60% by 2015.
- DCIM is likely to be self-funding; the cost of the tools is likely to be offset by the savings in power costs DCIM helps enable.
- Make DCIM a mandatory requirement for all major data center builds and refurbishments.
- Architect the integration of IT operations management, building management systems and DCIM.
* Raritan, Inc. Disclaimer
Cool Vendors in DCIM and Related Tools, 2012 is copyrighted April, 2012 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission.